Wednesday 17 August 2016

WIPW - The Usual + A Birthday Card

What news is there for Work In Progress Wednesday this week? Well, there is the ususal stuff:

Trinity Green
The addition of 270 triangles makes 3780 the total number in my collection.


Fabric in Focus
Last week I told you about the popularity of Laura Ashley in Japan, and I added a 'show and tell' of how I have used her fabric.

Laura Ashley is classy, but William Morris is classier! Of all the beautiful designs my favourite is Golden Lily. Do you know that there are two versions? I have some curtains in the traditional green and gold print
  then bought the minor version (Golden Lily Minor) in a shop in London.
 I had a wee bit left and as the material is much thinner and more suited for patchwork than the original cretonne it was sacrificed for Trinity Green.



H C Quilt
I have completed almost all the quilting on the line drawings on the castle. I'll do the windows later.
Next step is the stone blocks.

Stumpwork Portrait
I had another birthday card to make, and once again it became a stumpwork portrait.

18 comments:

Tanya said...

You are so creative! The stumpwork is just great!

Queeniepatch said...

It was quick work, a couple of hours, from selecting the fabric to inserting the completed portrait disc into the window card.
The gardener I made earlier took more than six hours to complete.

carorose said...

You have been busy. I love that William Morris fabric there has been a bit of the patchwork variety around lately but it doesn't compare with the soft furnishing fabric. The castle is going to look impressive when it it finished.

Pamela said...

What a great card! I am amazed by how many triangles you've done. The castle is progressing well also.

Julie Fukuda said...

When you post a WIPW, you really mean it! Lots getting done by a very busy friend.

Queeniepatch said...

The minor version is smaller in scale and easier to use for smaller pieces.

Queeniepatch said...

I had more time than usual but the heat put a damper on my productivity. With cooler and crisper air I would have been able to add even more triangles.

Queeniepatch said...

For this week's WIPW I really had some progress to report on. More time for sewing, but the house is hot and humid and that slowed down my work.

chitra said...

The progress on Trinity green is quite good. William Morris design fabric is definitely classier. the HC quilt looks beautiful. The stump work card is very nice. you are very talented, and inspiring.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

You've made great progress with your triangles and HC quilt. Love the stumpwork.

Queeniepatch said...

Thank you. Had it been cooler I would have managed more.

Queeniepatch said...

Thank you for your kind encouragement. It was a hot and humid week and although I had the time I did not have the energy to do more.

Janie said...

That William Morris fabric is a knock out. Great progress on your work, thanks for sharing.

crazyQstitcher said...

The William Morris fabric worked in comfortably with the triangles and I'm always amazed how many triangles you have made since the quilt began.
The expressions you make on your stumpwork people are fantastic. The latest card is another that will be loved by the new owner.
I'm really looking forward to seeing the castle finished. Such a tease seeing only bits ;-)

Queeniepatch said...

William Morris' designs are all knock outs, but I like Golden Lily the most.

Queeniepatch said...

Sorry about being a tease!
The stumpwork people all take on their own facial expressions. It is an adventure to see what they will look like!

Anonymous said...

William Morris is a beautiful designer, I have looked at books by him before but I have never been lucky enough to have some of his work. Your stumpwork lady has a lovely expression, I think your friend will be very pleased to receive it.

Queeniepatch said...

I love William Morris' designs because they are calming and harmonious in spite of being 'busy' and full of details. The patterns are classy because they are elegant and stylish but also because they are timeless and will always fell right.
The price is high both for fabric and wallpaper, but borrowing a book at the local library and enjoying the eye candy is free.